Automatic garage doors are made for our convenience. Imagine just how tedious it would if you always had to jump out of your car, open the garage door, get back into the car, drive in, and close the door again every time you get home after a long day’s work. Now imagine doing all that during a heavy downpour. When you’re in that situation, soaking wet, you’ll probably think, “I should’ve invested in an automatic garage door.”
Though automatic garage doors are definitely a big plus for convenience in our homes, there are some safety issues associated with them that we cannot ignore. Garage doors are typically massive doors that are spring loaded and move at the touch of a button, and this can be dangerous for everyone, especially if you have children running around your home all the time. So to ensure that your automatic garage door operates properly and that you avoid accidents, we at Automatic Garage Door Company, the top company when it comes to garage door installations and garage door repairs in Cleveland, came up with this list of tips to make sure your garage door opener operates properly:
● Read and consult the user manual first before operating the garage door.
● Learn how to use the garage door’s manual release feature in case of emergencies.
● Regularly inspect and maintain your garage doors and make sure that the door opener operates smoothly.
● Check springs, rollers, pulleys, cables, and tracks; make sure the moving parts are well lubricated.
● Do not attempt to adjust or repair the springs and cables yourself, as they are under very high tension and, if handled improperly, might cause serious injury.
● Hire our pros for Cleveland garage door repair.
Additional Safety Tips
● Make sure the operating buttons and the remote control are out of children’s reach.
● Tell your children the dangers of playing with an automatic garage door.
● Do not leave an automatic garage door partially open.
● If you’re going on a vacation, do not leave the garage doors open. You can unplug the garage door opener or use a vacation lock.
If you’re having problems with your automatic garage door, you can definitely rely on Automatic Garage Door Company. That’s because within the last 30 years, we have been providing Cleveland residents with top-of-the-line garage doors and installing them professionally. We also do garage door repairs, making sure that your automatic garage door will function smoothly after we’re done. Learn more about us by browsing through this website or by giving us a call.