If your garage is attached to your house, having a door with insufficient insulation is like providing a freeway for thermal transfer. That is why insulated doors are a must, especially if you live in an area that experiences extreme temperatures. In addition, insulated garage doors in Akron can add to the soundproofing.
When choosing an energy-efficient garage door, there are certain qualities you should consider:
Here are the types of material you can choose from, along with their varying degrees of insulation.
1. Steel is the most common and the most durable material available for your garage doors in Akron Ohio. While it doesn’t insulate well on its own, steel doors with insulating layers are available.
2. Vinyl is extremely low maintenance, and never needs to be painted.
3. Aluminum is lightweight, doesn’t rust, and offers a modern look.
4. Wood is still the choice of many homeowners mainly for its beauty. The level of insulation and resistance to warping depends on the kind of wood used.
5. Fiberglass or wood/fiberglass composite is becoming an increasingly popular choice for replacement windows and garage doors. Modern manufacturing techniques now allow composite materials to mimic the look and feel of wood, with added resistance to extreme temperatures. It also requires the least maintenance and garage door repair in Akron, Ohio.
The amount of insulation depends on the material you choose — the less inherent insulation the material has, the more layers of insulation it will need. If your garage is not attached to your house, a single layer door may be sufficient.
The windows on the garage door will let you enjoy some natural light. Choose double or even triple-glazed windows with Low-E coatings to prevent thermal transfer.
At Automatic Garage Door Company, we can provide you with the right garage door for your needs. We can provide different doors with distinct styles and materials to complement your home. We can even offer the best window design to fit your garage door.
A properly insulated garage can pay for itself in energy savings by reducing the strain on your HVAC system. If you need help with choosing the right insulated garage door, call Automatic Garage Door Company today at (330) 626-3311 or fill out our contact form.